Tackhoon Kim Senior Researcher
- 2015, Ph.D. Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- 2008, B.S. Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST
- 2015-2016. Postdoctoral scientist, Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST
- 2016-2019. Postrdoctoral Fellow, Research Lab of Electronics, MIT
- 2019-Present. Senior Research Scientist, KIST
- 2021-Present. Associate Professor, UST
- Developing cancer immunotherapy and cancer metabolism drugs
- Identification of novel targets for cancer therapy leveraging CRISPR-Cas screens
- Elucidation of the mechanism of action of the novel therapeutic targets
- Cellular programming by genetic engineering and synthetic biology
Peer reviewed journals
- Kim, T., Weinberg, BH., Wong W., and Lu, TK. (2021). Scalable recombinase-based gene expression cascades. Nat. Commun. 12: 2711.
- Kim, T. and Lu, TK. (2019). CRISPR/Cas-based devices for mammalian synthetic biology. Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 52, 23-30.
- Kim, T. and Lim, D.-S. (2016) The SRF-YAP-IL6 axis promotes breast cancer stemness. Cell Cycle. 15,1311-1312.
- Kim, T.*, Hwang, D.*, Lee, D., Kim, J.-H., Kim, S.-Y., and Lim, D.-S. (2016). Myocardin-Related Transcription Factors (MRTF) potentiates TEAD-YAP transcriptional activity upon extracellular stimuli. EMBO J. 36(4), 520-535. *These authors contributed equally to this work.
- Kim, T., Yang, S. –J., Hwang, D., Song, J., Kim, M., Kim, S. K., Kang, K., Ahn J., Lee, D., Kim, M. Y., Kim, S., Koo, J. S., Koh, S. S., Kim, S. –Y., and Lim, D. –S. (2015). A basal-like breast cancer-specific role for SRF-IL6 in YAP-induced cancer stemness. Nat. Commun. 6: 10186.