Kihwan Choi Senior Researcher
- PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in Mar. 2014
- MS in Statistics from Stanford University in Dec. 2012
- MS in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in June. 2008
- MS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Seoul National University in Feb. 2006
- BS in Electrical Engineering Seoul National University in Feb. 2004
- Senior Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) since Mar. 2017
- Research Staff Member, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) from Apr. 2014 to Feb. 2017
My research interests span the areas of convex optimization, machine learning and stochastic control. I have a specific interest in applications such as medical imaging, image processing, pattern recognition, and large-scale learning algorithms.
- K Choi, R Li, H Nam, L Xing, A Fourier-based Compressed Sensing Technique for Accelerated CT Image Reconstruction using First-Order Methods”, Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 59, no. 12, 3097,2014.
- K Choi, L Xing, A Koong, R Li, First Study of On-Treatment Volumetric Imaging During Respiratory Gated VMAT”, Medical Physics, vol. 40, no. 4, 040701, 2013.
- K Choi, B Fahimian, T Li, T-S, Suh, L Xing, Enhancement of Four-Dimensional Cone-Beam Computed
- Tomography by Compressed Sensing with Bregman Iteration”, Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 2, 177-192, 2013.
- K Choi, J Wang, L Zhu, T-S Suh, S Boyd, L Xing, Compressed Sensing based Cone-Beam Computed Tomography Reconstruction with a First-Order Method”, Medical Physics, vol. 37, no. 9, 5113-5125, 2010.