Inchan Youn Director
– Ph.D. Tulane University, Biomedical Engineering (2003)
– M.S. University of Pittsburgh, Mechanical Engineering (1999)
– B.S. In-Je University, Biomedical Engineering (1996)
– Professor, University of Science and Technology (2010 ~)
– Researcher/Principal Researcher, Korea Institute of Science & Technology (KIST) (2006 ~)
– Instructor, Korea University (2006 ~)
– Post-Doc, Duke University Medical Center (2003 – 2006)
– Micro & nano-scale cell and molecular engineering
– Molecular imaging technology for musculoskeletal tissue
– Genetic study for cartilage and bone disease
– Cartilage and bone related research
– Stem cell research for osteogenesis and chondrogenesis
– Effect of mechanical stimulation on the metabolic response of biological tissues
– Repair of damaged musculoskeletal connective tissues (such as articular cartilage, ligament, and tendon
– Measurement of material properties of connective tissues using a high-frequency ultrasound technique
– Bionics and Rehabilitation xosomes for diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s disease)
- Lee, M., D. Park, S. Y. Dong and I. Youn (2018). “A Novel R Peak Detection Method for Mobile Environments.” Ieee Access 6: 51227-51237.
- Song, K. I., S. E. Park, S. Lee, H. Kim, S. H. Lee and I. Youn (2018). “Compact Optical Nerve Cuff Electrode for Simultaneous Neural Activity Monitoring and Optogenetic Stimulation of Peripheral Nerves.” Sci Rep 8(1): 15630.
- Park, D., M. Lee, S. E. Park, J. K. Seong and I. Youn (2018). “Determination of Optimal Heart Rate Variability Features Based on SVM-Recursive Feature Elimination for Cumulative Stress Monitoring Using ECG Sensor.” Sensors 18(7).
- Park, S. E., K. I. Song, H. Kim, S. Chung and I. Youn (2018). “Graded 6-OHDA-induced dopamine depletion in the nigrostriatal pathway evokes progressive pathological neuronal activities in the subthalamic nucleus of a hemi-parkinsonian mouse.” Behav Brain Res 344: 42-47.
- Han, S. and I. Youn (2018). “Linear Feature Projection-Based Sensory Event Detection from the Multiunit Activity of Dorsal Root Ganglion Recordings.” Sensors (Basel) 18(4)
- Han, S., M. Kim, H. Kim, H. Shin and I. Youn (2018). “Ketamine Inhibits Ultrasound Stimulation-Induced Neuromodulation by Blocking Cortical Neuron Activity.” Ultrasound Med Biol 44(3): 635-646.
- Han, S., J. Y. Lee, E. Y. Heo, I. K. Kwon, T. Y. Yune and I. Youn (2018). “Implantation of a Matrigel-loaded agarose scaffold promotes functional regeneration of axons after spinal cord injury in rat.” Biochem Biophys Res Commun 496(3): 785-791.
- Shon, A., J. U. Chu, J. Jung, H. Kim and I. Youn (2017). “An Implantable Wireless Neural Interface System for Simultaneous Recording and Stimulation of Peripheral Nerve with a Single Cuff Electrode.” Sensors (Basel) 18(1).
- Park, H., S. Y. Dong, M. Lee and I. Youn (2017). “The Role of Heart-Rate Variability Parameters in Activity Recognition and Energy-Expenditure Estimation Using Wearable Sensors.” Sensors 17(7).
- Oh, S., S. Han and I. Youn (2017). “Real-Time Neural Signal Sensing and Spike Sorting System Using a Modified Zero-Crossing Feature with Highly Efficient Data Computation and Transmission.” Sensors and Materials 29(7): 1031-1042.
- Song, K. I., J. U. Chu, S. E. Park, D. Hwang and I. Youn (2017). “Ankle-Angle Estimation from Blind Source Separated Afferent Activity in the Sciatic Nerve for Closed-Loop Functional Neuromuscular Stimulation System.” Ieee Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 64(4): 834-843.
- Park, S. E., D. Park, K. I. Song, J. K. Seong, S. Chung and I. Youn (2017). “Differential heart rate variability and physiological responses associated with accumulated short- and long-term stress in rodents.” Physiol Behav 171: 21-31.
- Lee, J. Y., Y. L. Kam, J. Oh, D. H. Kim, J. S. Choi, H. Y. Choi, S. Han, I. Youn, H. P. Choo and T. Y. Yune (2017). “HYP-17, a novel voltage-gated sodium channel blocker, relieves inflammatory and neuropathic pain in rats.” Pharmacol Biochem Behav 153: 116-129.
- Han, S., J. U. Chu, H. Kim, K. Choi, J. W. Park and I. Youn (2016). “An Unsorted Spike-Based Pattern Recognition Method for Real-Time Continuous Sensory Event Detection from Dorsal Root Ganglion Recording.” IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 63(6): 1310-1320.
- Han, S., D. Kim, H. Kim, J. W. Park and I. Youn (2016). “Electrical stimulation inhibits cytosine arabinoside-induced neuronal death by preventing apoptosis in dorsal root ganglion neurons.” Neuroreport 27(16): 1217-1224.
- Park, S. E., K. I. Song, J. K. F. Suh, D. Hwang and I. Youn (2015). “A time-course study of behavioral and electrophysiological characteristics in a mouse model of different stages of Parkinson’s disease using 6-hydroxydopamine.” Behavioural Brain Research 284: 153-157.
- Kim, D. M., J. W. Kang, J. K. Kim, I. Youn and J. W. Park (2015). “Microsurgery training using a smartphone.” Microsurgery 35(6): 500-501.
- Kim, S.-W., S.-H. Paik, K.-I. Song, S. J. Yang, I. Youn, B.-M. Kim and J.-K. Seong (2015). “Functional connectivity change of the rat brain in response to sensory stimuli using functional near-infrared brain imaging.” Biomedical Engineering Letters 4(4): 370-377.
- Lee, A., K. Park, S. J. Choi, D. H. Seo, K. Kim, H. S. Kim, K. Choi, I. C. Kwon, S. Y. Yoon and I. Youn (2014). “Prediction of Antiarthritic Drug Efficacies by Monitoring Active Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) Levels in Collagen-Induced Arthritic Mice Using the MMP-3 Probe.” Molecular Pharmaceutics 11(5): 1450-1458.
- Lee, S. J., A. Lee, S. R. Hwang, J. S. Park, J. Jang, M. S. Huh, D. G. Jo, S. Y. Yoon, Y. Byun, S. H. Kim, I. C. Kwon, I. Youn and K. Kim (2014). “TNF-alpha gene silencing using polymerized siRNA/thiolated glycol chitosan nanoparticles for rheumatoid arthritis.” Mol Ther 22(2): 397-408.
- Kim, J. Y., W. J. Jeon, D. H. Kim, I. J. Rhyu, Y. H. Kim, I. Youn and J. W. Park (2014). “An inside-out vein graft filled with platelet-rich plasma for repair of a short sciatic nerve defect in rats.” Neural Regen Res 9(14): 1351-1357.
- Kang, H., T. Son, A. Lee, I. Youn, D. H. Seo, H. S. Kim and B. Jung (2014). “The effects of a minimally invasive laser needle system on complete Freund’s adjuvant-induced arthritis.” Lasers Med Sci 29(5): 1599-1606.
- Sharma, S., A. Lee, K. Choi, K. Kim, I. Youn, S. B. Trippel and A. Panitch (2013). “Biomimetic aggrecan reduces cartilage extracellular matrix from degradation and lowers catabolic activity in ex vivo and in vivo models.” Macromol Biosci 13(9): 1228-1237.
- Chu, J. U., K. I. Song, A. Shon, S. Han, S. H. Lee, J. Y. Kang, D. Hwang, J. K. Suh, K. Choi and I. Youn (2013). “Feedback control of electrode offset voltage during functional electrical stimulation.” J Neurosci Methods 218(1): 55-71.
- Lee, A., S. J. Choi, K. Park, J. W. Park, K. Kim, K. Choi, S. Y. Yoon and I. Youn (2013). “Detection of active matrix metalloproteinase-3 in serum and fibroblast-like synoviocytes of collagen-induced arthritis mice.” Bioconjug Chem 24(6): 1068-1074.
- Chu, J. U., K. I. Song, S. Han, S. H. Lee, J. Y. Kang, D. Hwang, J. K. Suh, K. Choi and I. Youn (2013). “Gait phase detection from sciatic nerve recordings in functional electrical stimulation systems for foot drop correction.” Physiol Meas 34(5): 541-565.
- Han, S., J.-U. Chu, K.-I. Song, S. Park, J. B. Choi, J. W. Park, K. Choi and I. Youn (2012). “Alternative Mechanical Evaluation Method for Ceramic Hip Joint Implants Utilizing Finite Element Analysis under in vivo-like Conditions.” Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering 7(4): 336-348.
- Park, K. S., J. H. Kang, K. H. Sa, H. B. Koo, H. J. Cho, E. J. Nam, I. C. Youn, K. M. Kim, I. S. Kim, I. C. Kwon, K. W. Choi and Y. M. Kang (2012). “In Vivo Quantitative Measurement of Arthritis Activity Based on Hydrophobically Modified Glycol Chitosan in Inflammatory Arthritis: More Active than Passive Accumulation.” Molecular Imaging 11(5): 389-400.
- Chu, J. U., K. I. Song, S. Han, S. H. Lee, J. Kim, J. Y. Kang, D. Hwang, J. K. Suh, K. Choi and I. Youn (2012). “Improvement of signal-to-interference ratio and signal-to-noise ratio in nerve cuff electrode systems.” Physiol Meas 33(6): 943-967.
- Chu, J. U., M. J. Jeong, K. I. Song, H. C. Lee, J. Kim, Y. J. Kim, K. Choi, J. K. Suh and I. Youn (2012). “Spontaneous synchronized burst firing of subthalamic nucleus neurons in rat brain slices measured on multi-electrode arrays.” Neurosci Res 72(4): 324-340.
- Yhee, J. Y., S. A. Kim, H. Koo, S. Son, J. H. Ryu, I. C. Youn, K. Choi, I. C. Kwon and K. Kim (2012). “Optical Imaging of Cancer-Related Proteases Using Near-Infrared Fluorescence Matrix Metalloproteinase-Sensitive and Cathepsin B-Sensitive Probes.” Theranostics 2(2): 179-189.
- Ryu, J. H., A. Lee, M. S. Huh, J. Chu, K. Kim, B. S. Kim, K. Choi, I. C. Kwon, J. W. Park and I. Youn (2012). “Measurement of MMP Activity in Synovial Fluid in Cases of Osteoarthritis and Acute Inflammatory Conditions of the Knee Joints Using a Fluorogenic Peptide Probe-Immobilized Diagnostic Kit.” Theranostics 2(2): 198-206.